F. L. Ames,
the director of the Old Colony Railroad, commissioned and funded
a railroad station by H. H. Richardson in 1881. Frederick Law
Olmsted landscaped the grounds. In 1969, the Ames family purchased
the property from the New York Central Railroad and gave it to
the Easton Historical Society.
information, consult the Oakes Ames Memorial Hall Association
web site: http://www.hhrichardson.com/legacy/frames.html