This book provides a rare example of an original 15th century binding.
It is made up of wooden boards covered with tooled pigskin, with a chain
attached to the back cover. The chain indicates that the book was once
owned by an institutional library, which stored this book attached to
a shelf. Codex manuscripts were expensive and scarce, and libraries took
measures to protect them from theft or loss.
Obtained in 1891 by A. D. White.
Theological Miscellany. Germany, last quarter
of the 15th century.