This is a 1916 photo of the clothing
laboratory used by Beulah Blackmore
to teach her classes after she came to Cornell. Blackmore received her
B.S. from Teachers College, Columbia University and served on the Cornell
Home Economics faculty from 1915 until 1951. Blackmore established a
costume shop and a collection of historic and native costumes. She also
conducted research on the performance and durability of textiles and
the psychological aspects of clothing.