Photograph. ca. 1890.
|The earliest classes were held in an unheated wooden laboratory building. "Therein," as Henry N. Ogden 89 remembered, "it was often so cold that students and faculty wore overcoats and gloves at work, while watercolors froze during the period in the drafting room." Lincoln Hall (1888), by Charles Babcock, was Cornells first permanent building for the Schools of Civil Engineering and Architecture.|
Back to The Early Years